Like the hero of one of our favorite children's books (Richard Wilbur's Loudmouse), Linus is so LOUD. (We even started calling him Loudmouse until Gwendolyn slipped and called him "lewdmouth.") Linus is incapable of speaking in a regular voice . . . unless he is praying. Then he uses his "spiritual voice," which is nothing more than a high-pitched whisper.
Linus: I’m getting big like a Daddy. I’m getting there!
Anxious about her food allergies, Gwennie interrogates Todd after he gives her a chocolate chip cookie he brought home from work: “Is it peanut butter, Daddy? Mango butter?”
I’m really happy. Life here is good.

2 comments:
I love that... life is good.
How can it be possible that Linus looks so grown up? Do you remember going out to dinner right before he was born? It doesn't feel that long go.
Your kids are so cute, and they do say the cutest things.
Jen, i love checking in on the fam. you take some beautiful photos! love you, nick
Post a Comment