Gwendolyn, Linus and I talk about going to the children’s museum, but Linus expresses a desire to go to the children’s museum in the city where there are “money things in the ground”. I can’t figure out what he is talking about, so Gwendolyn, also excited about these “money things” helps by explaining that, “these are the things you put money in before the policeman tells you to leave.”
Ah! I have it now! All the fun donation drops in the front lobby near the security guard! But my children tell me I am wrong. Gwendolyn explains further, “out by the cars”.
They are talking about parking meters. Parking meters! Of all the hours we’ve spent at that museum (which is rated one of the top children’s museums in the country), playing with the millions of dollars worth of educational and fun exhibitions, my kids are attracted to the parking meters.
No comments:
Post a Comment